Saturday, June 2, 2012

Graduation

It's the beginning of June and all the kids are itching to get out of school and the Graduation Parties are up and running.  Yesterday I had the privilege of attending a high school graduation for one of my former foster kids.  Somewhere between 40%- 50% of foster youth never graduate high school so this was a BIG accomplishment!  In order to celebrate I made a mini book to hold some of her great memories, I also got her a Pink Kitchen Aide because who doesn't need a Pink Kitchen Aide!

I used a Basically Bare  book and some school themed papers.  The inside paper is from Simple Stories, their Happy Day line.  I love the envelopes in the Basically Bare books, they are great for stuffing mementos like pictures and tickets.  She absolutely LOVED the book and I am sure will treasure it as she settles into her adoptive home!




1 comment: